Run on my iPhone 3G?

Apr 27, 2010 at 9:59 PM

Hello,

I've been experimenting with the included Netflix sample from this download in my iPhone Simulator with success.  I haven't been able to run this same code on my actual device.  Should it work?  Has someone done this and know it can be done?

thanks in advanced,

Geoff

May 19, 2010 at 2:11 PM

I've tried, but it looks like they compiled the odatalib for the wrong architecture (arm7 or i386 instead of arm6 which is what the phone runs).  Otherwise, I think it would work on the phone.  It might work on an iPad at this point, but the phone appears to be a no-go.  Pre-release stuff is difficult.  BTW - the NetFlix example is now out-dated - need to regen the API code and make some corrections in the app code.  But that only gets you as far as the simulator.

May 19, 2010 at 6:20 PM

In the CTP we didn't include a precompiled library for the actual device and the NetFlix services went through some redesign since the CTP was released. We have made significant progress on the development of the SDK so we will be able to release the V1.0 version in the near future.

May 19, 2010 at 6:42 PM

Yes, I was able to easily correct the model and code to match the current NetFlix metadata – that convinced me how powerful it was to use the OData tool to adapt to a large object set.  I then used the datagen tool to create Objective-C object specs for a large web service that a partner is building (actually just opened it up using OData and VS yesterday).  And that went smoothly as well…

*** Do you have a timeline?  If I know I will be able to run client apps on the actual device, I can go ahead and make some commitments about using OData web services for my business partners who want to start using it even in pre-release.

Thanks,

bh

Sent: Wednesday, May 19, 2010 2:20 PM
To: huygir@raretiger.com
Subject: Re: Run on my iPhone 3G? [odataobjc:210761]

In the CTP we didn't include a precompiled library for the actual device and the NetFlix services went through some redesign since the CTP was released. We have made significant progress on the development of the SDK so we will be able to release the V1.0 version in the near future.

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (odataobjc@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email odataobjc@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com

Jun 21, 2010 at 2:22 PM
I am also very interested in this but I'm concerned that there have not been any updates for the last month. Any indication of time frame would be most appreciated. Also, will the source to the actual odatalib also be released? thanks
Jun 21, 2010 at 3:52 PM

You should contact the project leader directly (Claudio - I believe his email is on the odata site).

There have been recent updates (I’ve triggered several myself through testing) that have not been published.  It is not yet handling parameterized functions (i.e., putting query args on the REST call to do more than just retrieve an entity list), but you can work around that by building your own queries but letting the odata parser do the parsing and object creation.

The most recent version works pretty well – I’ve incorporated it into production project that is currently being compiled for both OS3 and OS4.  I have not profiled it for memory leaks yet, though, and XML parsing often leaks badly; performance/functionality wise it seems pretty solid (at least well enough that we are moving ahead with it).

b

Sent: Monday, June 21, 2010 10:22 AM
To: huygir@raretiger.com
Subject: Re: Run on my iPhone 3G? [odataobjc:210761]

I am also very interested in this but I'm concerned that there have not been any updates for the last month. Any indication of time frame would be most appreciated. Also, will the source to the actual odatalib also be released? thanks

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (odataobjc@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email odataobjc@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com

Jun 21, 2010 at 10:34 PM

We are still working few remaming issues, one of them found by huygir. I cannot give you the date for the Objective-C SDK released yet but we are very close. I want only to have the opportunity to test the code on more scenarios before we released it.

The final release will include source code for both the odatalib and the odatagen tool.

Please bear with me for few more weeks :)

Claudio

Jun 28, 2010 at 1:50 PM

Claudio -

This project looks like exactly what I need. From your last message it sounds like this is going to be completed - my main concern is the license. Currently it says:

2. TERM. The term of this agreement is until June 01, 2010 or commercial release of the software, whichever is first.

So - it's already expired.

It sounds like there have been significant enhancements since the last published code. If the release is going to be delayed for more than (say) another 2 weeks - would you consider making an interim release with a license with a new expiration date?

Thanks!

Sean

Jun 29, 2010 at 12:16 AM

Hi Sean,

We are working on the last few bugs, without any major issue we should be able to release the SDK in the next 2-3 weeks.

Claudio

Aug 23, 2010 at 1:41 PM

Hi Claudio -

Sorry about the flooding, but could you please have a look at this issue http://odataobjc.codeplex.com/workitem/8405 "Need iPhone (arm6) compatible library".

Thanks,

Evgeniy

Nov 2, 2010 at 10:33 AM

hi,

I am new to Odata concept. The sample example given is compiling on the Xcode completely without any errors on my laptop but the example is showing nothing.

I am not able to create a proxy.

Could someone tell me how to use the odatagen tool.

Need help. Please reply.

Thank you

Nov 4, 2010 at 6:51 PM

You can check the user guide under the doc directory to find out how to use the odatagen tool.

If you are using the NetFlix sample: the service online might have changed the APIs so you need to recreate the proxy classes and you might need to specify the proxy settings in the OData service call if you are using a proxy to connect to Internet.

Hope this helps

Claudio