Releasing OData Client for Objective-C library V1.2

Apr 8, 2011 at 1:49 AM
Edited May 10, 2011 at 8:25 PM
We are pleased to announce the second bug fix release of the OData Client for Objective-C library V1.2. This V1.2 release contains fixes for 36 bugs reported on codeplex.com since the last September release. We also added support for basic authentication with Windows Azure MarketPlace DataMarket, formerly code named “Dallas”, along with a new sample to demonstrate this feature. Notable fixes includes better handling of nil datatypes, namespace prefixes, and improved error and memory management.

Library also included pre-compiled libraries for 4.1 and 4.2 iOS.

Please take it for a spin, share your feedback, and let us know what apps you are building!

Abu Obeida
Apr 12, 2011 at 8:41 PM

I don't see the precompiled libraries in the download zip.  I see /framework/src  but no /framework/bin in the zip file.  

Apr 16, 2011 at 5:46 AM

Agreed. The instructions are a little confusing if you're using Xcode 4. 

Apr 16, 2011 at 6:28 AM

Sorry, thta was missed somehow. I will update the zip file.

Apr 20, 2011 at 4:57 PM

Has this been updated yet? I still don't see a bin directory. Also, I followed the instructions to build on my own, but I don't see an odatagen binary anywhere, do I need to explicitly open and build that project too? I tried but received 145 errors.  :)

Apr 24, 2011 at 12:36 AM

I am also having troubles compiling using Xcode 4. An updated zip would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

May 5, 2011 at 4:36 PM

I got odatagen building. In case it helps others, I've noticed with both of these projects it is best to do Build->CleanAll between every build (for example, when switching between simulator build and device build).

Also running odatagen seems to only work inside it's build directory, best not to move it.

J.D.

May 10, 2011 at 8:24 PM

Added the binaries in the /framework/bin folder, and built for 4.1 and 4.2, which we are adopting as the main supported version for this release.

Thanks,

Abu Obeida