IIS 7.0 Configuration

Mar 26, 2011 at 9:41 AM

Hi,

I am using Odata client for Objective-C in order to access data in my iPad application. As of now, I have developed a WCF Data Service in .NET and deployed it to the IIS 7.0 in my vista machine and I consumed the service in my iPad/iPhone application and I am able to invoke it, I am getting data in my UITableView of iPad/iPhone application.

When I requested to get list of employees then I got Http Status 200 code at mac console and IIS log (both side) which is okay but when I try to add/update/delete a record using [proxy addToEmployees:employee] [proxy saveChanges]; I got Http Error 500 at both side. When It executes [proxy saveChanges]; statement then it throws the error. I don't know where I am going wrong.

Can you guys help me to figure out the problem?    

Mar 29, 2011 at 6:03 PM

Same exact problem here. I have a web app running on Azure with a DataService running inside the app. I know reads work fine because I can connect and retrieve entities from the server. However, anything that writes to the server doesn't work. What I'm doing is VERY SIMPLE (just updating a string) and it's not a permissions thing because the deletes, creates and updates all work using a regular data service calls for c# code but fail using the Objective C client. 

I also enabled verbose errors using "config.UseVerboseErrors = true" in the data service, but I only get status=500 in the client console. Is there a better way to see more error information? 

If there is nothing that would make this work, does anyone have pointers to web pages that describe how to use HTTP calls from iPhone to do not only reads, but also writes? 

Mar 29, 2011 at 6:37 PM
Edited Mar 29, 2011 at 6:39 PM

I got a solution. In my case I had a problem in WCF Data service. It's resolved now.

Check ur service entity SP's mapping.