GCC error when compiling for device with huge proxy class

Dec 28, 2010 at 10:17 PM

Hi,

I've generated a proxy for Dynamics CRM 2011 services.

I've created an application and everything works fine if I use it into the simulator.

But now I want to test on my device and I have a GCC error when compiling (failed with exit code 1).

I guess it's because (but I'm not sure), classes generated with ODataGenBinary are huge (about 95,000 lines).

I've tested with smaller services (Netflix, SharePoint 2010...) and compilation completes successfully.

Do you have any ideas to solve this issue ?

Thanks in advance

Dec 28, 2010 at 11:56 PM

I confirm the size of each files (.h and .m) is the probably the cause of this issue.

I've splitted the files in some parts (about 20,000 lines each) and the error has gone.

It's not efficient and for the first compilation, it takes a long time to finish (about 10mn on my MacPro with 2 processors).

If you have any ideas to be more efficient, I'm very interested   ;-)

It could be an improvement for a future release to generate separate files for each entity (or at least to have the choice to do that).

Jul 5, 2011 at 12:04 PM

Hi, I'm also looking to connect to Dynamics CRM 2011 services, but to CRM 2011 Online rather than On Premise. I am having a problem generating my proxy because of the live id authentication (I think?). Is this possible to authenticate against? If so how? Are you connecting to an On premise or Online instance of CRM 2011?

Thanks