Generated OData entity name clash

Jul 25, 2010 at 6:40 AM

Hi,

Firstly thanks to the MS guys that have released this project. Much appreciated.

I've done a few prototype with this now and I'm finally starting on something for a real project. I'm having a small problem with the names of the generated OData entities clashing with the names of my CoreData entities in the iPhone application. I realise I could just rename my CoreData entities but I'd rather not have to so I'm wondering if there is another way. 

Is there a way to specify a prefix for the entities generated by the odatagen tool?

Does anyone have any other suggestions for how to get around this?

cheers

Col.

Jul 26, 2010 at 11:49 AM
Hi, I have exactly the same name clash issue. In my case the clashing name is "PhysicalAddress". I don't have the option of changing the entity name. Any help on how I can work around this would be much appreciated. Cheers Reece
Jul 26, 2010 at 1:02 PM
I have not found a good solution yet. I tried re-naming the classes in the generated files but it didn't work that easily. I've just re-named my CoreData classes for now. I have some other issues that are more important for me to solve before I keep looking into this one. Let me know if you come up with something.
Mar 12, 2011 at 1:41 AM

This is fixed in Version 1.2. ODatagen now prefixes names with namespace.