Next Release

Jul 20, 2010 at 7:16 PM

Hi Claudio,

Thanks for the work you've done so far in creating the oData for Objective-C CTP. You mentioned about 3-4 weeks ago that you were close to releasing a new version of the SDK. Could you give us an update on when we can expect this? I have a number of use cases where this SDK would be invaluable. 

Additionally, what are the odds of committing this source to the CodePlex source control so that the community can begin to contribute? I think there's some interest out there to assist and help push this along. 

Thanks,

-Joe

Jul 22, 2010 at 4:49 PM

Today we officially release the V1.0 version of the OData Client for Objective-C (this will be the official name :)).

The new download includes the source code for both the libraries and the odatagen command line tool. We are looking into the possibility of opening the code to community contribution.

Thanks

Claudio

Jul 24, 2010 at 5:06 PM

Hi,

Thanks for your work but I'm not able to run (compile) the sample.

There's a lot of errors during compilation ("_OBJC_CLASS_$_ODataObject", referenced from:).

I made some search on Google and it seems these errors appears when you use a different version of Xcode / framework (I use the last one published by Apple for iOS 4.0.1).

I tried to recompile the OData library but the project don't open (missing project.pbxproj error).

Could you help me ?

Thanks in advance

Jul 26, 2010 at 6:21 PM

Have you included the correct library in your application?

There are two libraries that you need to include: one for iOS 3.2 and the other for iOS 4.0. You might have included the 3.2 in your project instead of the 4.0 version.

Hope this helps

Claudio

Jul 27, 2010 at 10:06 AM

Yes I have included the correct library to my project but the problem still the same.

I solved the issue by recompiling the ODataLib (I recreate a new empty project with your source code) but I'm sure I'm not the only one to have this problem.

Regards